With winter on its way the little ones are going to need some extra warmth when outside and the Baby Bamboo Beanie Hat fits the bill perfectly. I would like to give you a free copy of my Bamboo Beanie Hat Pattern in the baby size as an early Christmas present so that you can get knitting for all of those tiny people you love.
This pattern is to fit a baby’s head circumference of up to 14”. If you would like to purchase a ready-made hat then please visit my shop RelaxingWithYarn and check out the range that I have. However if you would like an alternative size please purchase an instant digital download version of my Bamboo Beanie Hat Pattern on my Shop.
- Knit stitch, yarn over, pass over (see abbreviations)
- 6 stitches per inch
- 8 rows per inch
Tools & Materials
- Needles: 4.00 mm, US 6 or UK 8. I used my KnitPro 4mm circulars.
- Yarn: 50 – 170 m of DK acrylic or blended yarn
- Stitch Marker
- Tapestry Needle
- CO = cast on
- K = knit stitch
- YO = yarn over
- k2tog: knit 2 stitches together
- k3tog: knit 3 stitches together
- PO = pass the yarn over stitch across the knit 2 and off the needle
- St(s) = stitch(es)
- Rep = repeat
- *…* x times = repeat pattern as stated by number of repeats in pattern
CO: 72 stitches plus an additional 1 st. Join in the round and then bind off the first stitch so that you end up with your stated number of stitches.
Place a stitch marker at the beginning of the round and slip it at each encounter.
- *k1, p1* repeat until end of round and then continue until you have reached 1.5” (2.5”, or 3” for other sizes).
*YO, K2, PO* until end of round
- K all sts
Repeat these two rounds until piece measures 4.5” from cast on edge or your desired length if you want a slouchier look.
If you have any stitches that don’t fit in the pattern don’t worry, either ktog if needed or do a YO, K2, PO until end of round if it doesn’t fit the row pattern instructions:
Round 1:*YO, k1, k2tog, PO, YO, k2, PO* rep until end of round
Round 2: k all sts
Round 3: *YO, K2, PO* until end of round
Round 4:k all sts
Round 5:*k3tog, k1* rep until end of round
Round 6:k all sts
Round 7:*YO, K2, PO* until end of round
Round 8:k all sts
Round 9: k2tog until end of round
Round 10: k all sts
Round 11: k2tog until end of round or until sts left are 6 (7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Now cut approximately 8” of yarn, gather remaining sts with tapestry needle and then weave in ends.
- Weave in all ends
- Block garment to reach correct finishing size
If you like this pattern then subscribe for more patterns and share this page so that others may use the pattern too.